What Are Long-Tail Keywords?
For new online sellers, long-term keywords refer to the set of keywords, which are more precise and detailed for your items or products used by the consumers. Buyers choose to utilize these keyword phrases once they’re close to the point of buying an item of their choice. What is more, long-term keywords are more advantageous if buyers utilize voice search to look for their product.
When you're trying to figure out what exactly customers type in the Amazon Search Bar to find the right product, put yourself in their shoes. Let's say you need a kitchen knife. If you are a customer, what will you most likely use to get relevant results: the keyword “kitchen knife” or something like “long kitchen knife with a wooden handle”? You get it, right? Such long complex constructions lead to purchases more likely, and that is your goal.
Why Are Long-Tail Keywords So Important for Amazon Sellers?
The long-tail keyword is very important for Amazon sellers. This is the initial step for sellers to become successful in their online selling venture. Doing long-tail search terms will assist you to go the extra step in your online business. Take time to niche down on long-tail keywords as it helps in pushing your product on top. As buyers get nearer to picking their preferred items, long-tail keywords boost your conversion rate, increasing the ranking of your product on Amazon.
Usually, long-tail keywords are advantageous for new e-commerce sellers because of the fact that they have less competition, high buying intent as well as low CPC.
Using long-tail keywords can be a winning strategy when launching ads. Such phrases have lower competition, so it is easier to bring a product to the TOP by them. In addition, the use of long-tail keywords in the listing increases the chance of attracting interested buyers who are looking for a specific product. If sales are made by buyers using such phrases, the organic ranking of the product will increase. We'll talk about the benefits and strategies of using this method in more detail a little later.
- Long-tail keywords will help the product rank higher organically.
- Long-tail keywords have less competition because they are relevant to fever products.
- Long-tail keywords have better conversion rates.
- Long-tail keywords help to increase brand awareness.
Where to Find Amazon Long-Tail Keywords?
There are infinite numbers of long-tail keywords, which could stem from generic ones. But, a smart PPC long-tail keyword strategy would utilize research to look for the commonly used keywords and phrases.
If you haven't run ads on Amazon yet, there are several ways you can search for long-tail keywords.
- Google Keyword Planner. This tool is very useful for Amazon sellers not only for searching long-tail keywords but also for evaluating Keyword Search Volume. But you have to understand that Google Keyword Planner can only give you estimated keywords and the number of searches that people perform by them each month. This data can be very different from real data on Amazon. But this is a good start to make Keyword Research, especially if you don't have other sources for this (like Search Term Report).
- Google Autocomplete. You may have noticed that when you enter the beginning of a keyword in Google, you get additional keywords in the dropdown. These are the ones that are the most often used by people who enter similar phrases to yours. You can use these tips to dive deeper into Keyword Research and search for long-tail keywords that will bring you profit.
In spite of being the simplest technique, it is not a way which you can only depend on as it is an external data source. Search recommendations come from Google and might not always be applicable to your Amazon business.
- Google Related Searches. When you search for something in Google, at the end of the URL list, you can find the Google Related Search section. These are phrases that are generated automatically based on Google’s algorithm to offer you terms that are relevant to the entered query. It is also a good source of not only long-tail keywords, but also short search phrases that people enter to find your product most often.
Don’t forget that this information is more relevant for external promotion, because it is based on Google data, not on Amazon terms. But no one bothers you to use it as a source of ideas for inspiration.
- Amazon Auto Suggestions. The principle of use is the same as in the case of Google Autocomplete. One of the main advantages of this method is that you get real-world hints directly from Amazon. Therefore, the results will be more relevant and beneficial.
- Use Site data, statistics from other marketplaces. If you already have your own website and you successfully sell a product using it or using other marketplaces, look at the keyword data in the analytics of these sources. With the help of such data, you will find out by what queries people come to you, whether they are buying a product or just leaving. This will help you to understand which long-tail keywords should be used when optimizing a listing or launching an advertising campaign.
- Using Professional Tools. Today, there are a lot of tools and apps available online that you can use to look for long-tail keywords. These tools can assist in Keyword Researching. They provide various opportunities for finding “golden” keywords with varying degrees of immersion in research. You can start using the simplest ones to see how effective they are. Then use more professional services to find hundreds of value long-tail keywords for better efficiency.
What Is the Most Exact and Relevant Long-Tail Keyword Source?
If you’re selling on the Amazon marketplace, then you must surely utilize the Amazon Search Term Report for long-tail keywords. Download this report and research it. It contains a lot of interesting information, including data about keywords that bring you the maximum number of orders, and which ones still work poorly. Here you can get insights into which long-tail keywords to use when optimizing a listing or launching ad campaigns.
Where to Find Amazon Search Term Report?
- Go to the Seller Central account and then click on the Advertising tab.
- Choose Campaign Manager, and then click on the Advertising Reports tab. Click Create Report, and on the next web page, you’ll see Configuration and then Report Settings.
- Choose Search Term report type and set up Reporting Settings:
- Indicate the report’s name.
- Enter the data reporting period.
- Specify the type of report (summary data or daily results) and other options. Click the Run report button.
- Wait for the report to be generated. Then download it and start analyzing.
Sort the received data by the number of orders and pay attention to the Search terms that buyers use. You will get the most complete and accurate data for each keyword that leads to a purchase or increases traffic to your listing.
How to Use Amazon Long-Tail Keywords?
Implementing this technique is regarded as a tactical approach for online businesses who wish to rank on top for their consumer keywords. There are some reasons below why you have to consider implementing long-tail keywords strategies.
- Use Amazon Long-tail Keywords in the Description, Backend section. You can include them in Bullet points, but it's very difficult to do it organically. Buyers which are looking for products by long-tail keywords have a high intent to buy them and are regarded as more qualified leads. Therefore, customers visiting sellers’ listings after using long-tail keywords in Amazon Search Bar have a bigger opportunity to purchase your product. This enhances your conversions as well as boosts organic search ranking. Amazon A9 Algorithm may find a listing with these keywords relevant to a specific customer search query. And if the customer buys it, it will serve as the right signal to Amazon.
Such constructions are usually specific enough to be easily added to the texts. But if you can write them in such a way that the text remains readable and useful for the client, try to do it.
- Use Amazon Long-Tail Keywords when launching PPC campaigns. When you target certain keywords (in this case, specific word constructs) and get sales, Amazon's algorithm evaluates this positively and notes that the listing is relevant to that keyword. As a result, after several sales, the product's rating gradually increases. This leads to higher rankings in organic search results. Product's rank is higher for certain key queries, and your sales grow without advertising.
Advantages of an Amazon PPC Longtail Campaign Strategy
Long-tail keywords are more long terms, which buyers type in the search box to see what they’re looking for. As opposed to the usual keywords, these ones are more specific. For instance, a basic keyword can be “mattress.” One possible long-tail keyword for this is “ the best mattress for 2021”.
With regards to the bidding of keywords, there’s little to no competition for this keyword, as it is not likely for consumers to look for extremely specific keywords. A long-tail keyword is highly targeted, meaning that just some relevant listing will appear on search results, providing exposure to the specific items or products.
Those who passively browse the Amazon site are likely to use broad terms in the search bar. These terms can just be “shoes,” “sunglasses,” or “novels.” On the other hand, those who intend to really purchase an item would take time typing longer terms or keywords to rationalize the search results. These key terms can be “best running shoes for men” or “blue eyeglasses for man” or “fantasy novels for adults”.
The fact that the competition is low over long-tail keywords, bidding is not extremely competitive. So, you can rank the keywords at a very low price. A low bidding rate will affect the CPC and the ad cost of sales.
The key points of this strategy are:
- Less Competition: New sellers have less competition if they use long-tail keywords which are relevant for products. Therefore, it’s simpler and easier to rank organically.
- Traffic Increasing: When you use long-tail keywords for promotion, you increase the number of customers that come to the listing to buy a product. These keywords are more specific, so the buyers which use them are not just looking at listings in Amazon Product Search Results. They click on them to make a purchase. The more traffic is, the higher the likelihood of an increase in the number of purchases is.
- Rank Growth: If product sales grow using Ads, then the product's rank also rises up. It leads to greater sales growth organically. It is possible that you no longer need PPC using certain long-tail keywords because product positions in Amazon Organic Search Results will increase to the first 10-15 slots.
Long-tail keywords are considered the most underused and taken for granted ones in boosting your conversion rate. Remember that all long-tail keywords are pertinent to your brand or online business. You are able to narrow down the most excellent long-tail keywords as well as terms that align the most with your services and items. Target such keywords and boost your other client metrics like customer service and shipping fees. This assists you in scaling your business development in due course. Hopefully, this guide can help you to find out long-tail keywords usage strategies to rank higher on Amazon.