Amazon gives new sellers the opportunity to evaluate the benefits of the marketplace for free. It looks like a fairy tale, doesn't it? However, that’s true. Of course, there are subtleties here. However, in general, if you don't know what Amazon FBA is, you can try it on favorable terms. If you are thinking of becoming an Amazon Seller, you can tap into the Amazon FBA New Selection Program. Here, we have devised a definitive guide on it.
What Is Amazon FBA New Selection Program About?
Essentially, the Amazon FBA New Selection Program is a risk-free seller program. It encourages sellers to bring new products to the FBA warehouses and try to sell them on the Amazon marketplace. That, in turn, allows new sellers to get a head start in the world of e-commerce. This program is primarily implemented to encourage sellers to sign up for FBA.
What Are the Benefits of the Amazon FBA New Selection Program?
Below, we will walk you through the several benefits of this program. These plus points will ease your seller experience and will enable you to gain market exposure.
- Sellers get a cost-effective seller experience. It is free to join, with no registration charges. You can try it even if you never heard about Amazon FBA earlier. You don’t need to pay various fees that Amazon sellers usually pay to get access to the marketplace.
- The program is available to new Amazon sellers and those who already sell through FBA (limited). If you don't know what Amazon FBA is, you can test it out and save on the fees sellers usually pay. If you use Amazon FBA and want to sell in a new product under a new ASIN, the Amazon FBA New Selection Program is also available to you.
- You are not limited in the number of new parent-ASINs you can create. This opens up very wide opportunities to sell a brand products line. This is especially tempting if you have not previously sold on Amazon marketplaces and are only trying to win your piece of the pie here.
- Free monthly storage fees and free removal fees for standard-size items. Amazon will not charge monthly storage fees for the first 50 units of each new product (parent ASIN only) for the first 90 days after the date when the first unit was received at the Amazon Fulfilment Center. Next, sellers can easily remove the first 50 items in a period of 180 days starting the date when the first item was received with no FBA removal fees.
- Free monthly storage fees and free removal fees for oversize items. Amazon will not charge monthly storage fees for the first 30 units of each new product (parent ASIN only) for the first 90 days after the date when the first unit was received at the Amazon Fulfilment Center. Next, sellers can easily remove the first 30 items in a period of 180 days starting the date when the first item was received with no FBA removal fees.
- Get additional bonuses for products in the “Apparel” and “Shoes” categories. Amazon will not charge monthly storage fees for the first 100 units of each new product (parent ASIN only) for the first 120 days after the date when the first unit was received at the Amazon Fulfilment Center. Sellers can easily remove the first 100 items in a period of 180 days starting the date when the first item was received with no FBA removal fees. What's more, Amazon will process the return of the first 20 standard-size items without charge. However, inventory must be returned within 180 days of the first item arriving date to the Amazon warehouse.
- New FBA Sellers get $200 for sponsored ad promotional clicks. If you just joined the Amazon FBA New Selection Program, you will receive $100 when you launch Sponsored Ads. You should only use FBA ASINs for this. However, they do not have to be new FBA ASINs. Unused sponsored clicks will expire 30 days after they were applied.
- Get a shipping discount of $100. Amazon will waive off the first $100 on shipping if you are a new seller. This amount will cover Shipping fees when using Amazon Partnered Carriers.
All these benefits assure that each new seller performs with confidence. It also eliminates the fear of financial risk in business. If you want to avail of these benefits, you must be eligible for the program to enroll. Let us see what the eligibility criteria are.
What Does It Take to Be Eligible for the Program?
We’ll find out what will make you eligible for the program.
- It is required to be a professional seller.
- Your IPI score has to be 400 or higher than that. If you’ve not been assigned an IPI because you are a new seller, you can still apply. Now, if your IPI score drops below 400 until the next assessment on April 1, you’ll be disqualified.
- All sellers need to maintain eligibility even after enrollment.
- You must be eligible for the program at the time the first new parent-ASIN item will arrive at the fulfillment center. Only in this case, ASIN will be qualified as one that can expect to receive all the profits.
Next, ASINs need to fall in the eligibility criteria as well. Below, we have stated the ASIN eligibility criteria for sellers.
- ASINs need to be new to FBA.
- It should not be media or any used item.
- Parent ASIN that has not been previously enrolled in the FBA.
- It has to be standard (small, medium) or oversize (large oversize included). It cannot be special oversize.
Now, if you fit in the criteria mentioned, you are good to go. It’s time to learn how to enroll in this program.
How to Enroll in the Amazon FBA New Selection Program?
It is free to enroll in this risk-free program Amazon. You can get the flexible space and period to play. As a beginner, you learn a lot. Plus, the benefits offered are totally worth it. You can get tips to grow your Amazon business from expert sellers as well.
You can enroll in the Amazon FBA New Selection Program using Amazon Seller Central Account. Just log in and click on the link. You will be ultimately registered. Please know that it might take up to 48 hours for the enrollment confirmation.
This program is totally risk-free. In addition, there is no downside to this program. That is the main reason why it is so well-suited for newbie sellers or sellers who want to join the global e-commerce league. Amazon FBA New Selection Program gives the perfect head start to beginners. This tells a lot about how Amazon aims to foster a progressive e-commerce landscape.